According to a study from CDC (Center for Disease Control), nine out of tenAmericans consume more than twice the recommend daily intake of salt every day. It is said that the average American consumers approximately 7.6 POUNDS of salt per year…scary. While it is easy to talk about reducing salt intake in our daily diets, many people find that cooking without salt or with a limited amount of salt yields bland food. For those of you that this applies to, I highly recommend looking into Mrs. Dash’s products, which includes a variety of salt-free seasoning blends and marinades. Recently, since I have had less time to experiment with new, healthy recipes, I have been using a lot of Mrs. Dash’s seasoning blends to season my food. Some of her phenomenal seasoning blends include- Original Blend, Garlic & Herb, Table Blend, Extra Spicy, Onion & Herb, Lemon Pepper, Italian Medley, Tomato Basil Garlic, Southwest Chipotle, Fiesta Lime, Caribbean Citrus, Steak Grilling Blend, Chicken Grilling Blend, and Hamburger Grilling Blend. The versatility of these seasonings/marinades are endless and can be used in casseroles, appetizer dips, on top of salads, in stews, etc. Click here to check out Mrs. Dash’s recipe page! Last night’s dinner was a simple citrus grilled salmon with Mrs. Dash’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend. It was easy, quick, and delicious!
Mrs. Dash’s Citrus Grilled Salmon
Recipe from Mrs. Dash’s Recipe Page
- 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- 4 4oz. salmon fillets
- 4 slices of lemon
- 4 slices of orange
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray (or use a non-stick pan_)
- Lay fish in pan and coat each fillet with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend.
- Alternate slices of lemon and orange on top of fish.
- Sprinkle Fish with wine.
- Place in oven for 5-8 minutes. Turn oven in 325 degrees and continue to cook for 5-8 more minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy! *Depending on how thick your salmon is, you may need to adjust cooking time.
It has been an amazingly relaxing weekend and I am ready to start this coming week with a great morning workout tomorrow morning! Because I have not been able to make it to spin class since I have been back from NY, I am especially excited for tomorrow’s class. Also, I’m thinking that I am going to complete this treadmill interval workout from fitsugar before class!