Because yesterday I was literally snacking ALL day, I decided to keep it light with a simple, veggie dish. Steam asparagus drizzled with Trader Joe’s Champagne Pear Vinaigrette w/Gorgonzola Dressing. This dressing is my new favorite dressing and is perfect for salads, as a topping on sandwiches, as a dip, etc. It’s a mixture of pear puree, champagne vinegar, and gorgonzola cheese. Unlike other vinaigrette dressings, this one is pretty light and healthy with only 45 kcal per serving! Now, on to breakfast….
As I mentioned a few posts ago, with my schedule change, my days have been absolutely crazy busy, from start to finish..and I must say that coffee has been really good to me. In the office, there’s about 2-3 amazing coffee brewers each floor, with several types of coffee to choose from. However, most of the time, I crave something cold and refreshing and because I had a little time this morning to spare, I made another coffee recipe, similar to my iced bannanccino (which is one of my favorite recipes thus far), this healthy alternative to those heavy, calorie-heavy Starbucks frappuccino, is perfect to start off your mornings with a jolt! With this version of my bannanccino, I added a scoop of whey chocolate protein for all of you who like an extra serving of protein in their morning breakfasts….
- 3/4 cup iced Coffee (I brewed coffee the night before and put it in the fridge overnight)
- 1 cup Almond milk (other non-dairy milk would work)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder ( I used whey powder)
- 1 banana (chopped, frozen)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 1/2 tbsp agave syrup (or another liquid sweetener i.e. honey, maple syrup, etc)
- Throw all ingredients into the blender and blend, blend, blend!
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, coconut flakes, cinnamon, etc.