Happy Monday everyone! The health nuts always claim that if you are in the mood to snack, to snack on fresh fruits and fresh veggies, but lets get real…when a ‘snack’ craving comes around, fresh fruit and veggies may be the last thing that we are craving. My latest obsession has been these oven-roasted chickpea “crackers.” Next time you are craving something to crunch on, skip the pre-packaged snacks, loaded with fat, chemicals, artificial sugar and other processed ingredient…these are wayyyy better (plus they look like my child-hood favorite snack, CORN NUTS)!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse the canned chickpeas under cold water and drain. Pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a large bowl, toss the rinsed and drained chickpeas with the olive oil, spices and seasonings.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet and baked for ~35-40 minutes, until golden brown. Check ever 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn!