As you all know, I am obsessed with Larabars and I have already completed 2 Larabar experiments which both turned out better than I had hoped. Click Larabar experiment #1 to find out the perks and benefits of Larabars!
Larabar flavors offered include: apple pie, banana bread, blueberry muffin, carrot cake, cashew cookie, cherry pie, chocolate chip brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate coconut chew, ginger snap, cinnamon roll, coconut cream pie, peanut butter chocolate chip, pb&j, key lime pie, lemon bar, tropical fruit tart, peanut butter cookie, and pecan pie.
Chocolate Hazelnut Larabar
This ingredient makes ~3 good sized bars. Feel free to double the proportions in you want to make a larger batch to share with friends, family, and co-workers!
- 3 cup roughly chopped dates
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips semi-sweet chocolate
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a food processor, process the dates until it turns into a sticky paste. Remove from processor and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put the cashews and hazelnuts (or almonds) in the food processor and pulse until it is coursely ground/chopped. ***Don’t over process it so that it turns into a flour. Remove from food processor and place it in the same bowl as the dates.
- Add in the vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and cinnamon. Mix with your hands until well-combined (don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty!)
- Form the dough into a large ball and wrap it with a large plastic sheet (saran wrap). Flatten the ball until it is ~1/2 inch thick.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before removing from the fridge and cutting them into desired shape.
- Store them (wrapped in plastic wrap or in a ziplock baggy) in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!