What a GREAT morning workout. As I had mentioned last night, its been very hard for me to maintain my regular workout routines these past few weeks (vacation has a way of throwing one off track) so it was extra hard for me drag my tired butt out of bed at 5am this morning and head to the gym. Once at the gym, I was able to be very efficient with my time (Metallica and Lynyrd Skynyrd on my ipod played a huge part in getting my blood pumping). As Karena and Katrine from Tone It Up say, “You will NEVER regret a workout!”
My Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Patty came to mind while in spin class this morning (yes, sometimes I think about what I want to eat for breakfast during my workouts) and I could not get it out of my head through the entirety of the class! I believe that it was somewhere in between the heavy hill and out-of-saddle sprint transition (if you take spin class, you might be familiar with these terms), I decided that I wanted to make a simplified version of this delicious breakfast scramble.
Peanut Butter Banana Scramble
Serves 1 person
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or other nut butter or choice)
- Add all ingredients in a small bowl. Mash and mix until all elements are well-incorporated.
- In a well-greased pan (I used Pam cooking spray) over medium heat, place the mixture in the middle of the pan and flatten into a pancake-like shape. Cook for ~ 3-4 minutes and then flip onto the other side. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Top with pure maple syrup, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, carob nibs, etc.
I can’t believe I forgot to post these pictures! I found them homemade ‘remedies’ when I was at Liquid New Theme a few days ago. I found them to be clever, funny, but not worth purchasing.