I love crawling out of bed on my weekend mornings (yes, I consider holidays ‘weekends’),making a large batch of warm, moist pancakes, and enjoying them with cup of freshly brewed coffee. Honestly, something about pancakes just encourages love. These pancakes taste just like oatmeal cookies. Imitating your kid’s favorite cookie/cake in your pancake recipe will surely get them to love you just a little bit more.
Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 chia egg (1 chia egg=1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- In a medium sized bowl, mix dry ingredients (oats, flours, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon).
- In a separate small bowl, mix the wet ingredients (vanilla, oil, chia egg and milk).
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. Add the raisins and chopped pecans, mix.
- In a well-greased skillet (I used Pam cooking spray) over medium heat, pour some batter onto the skillet (use more batter for larger pancakes and less batter for smaller pancakes) and cook on one side until it start bubbling, flip it over and cook other side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and fresh fruit!