Here was my elliptical workout for this morning before my spin class (sometimes I left weights before spin, but I find that the elliptical helps warmup my legs before class):
Also, I’ve come to the realization that I sweat more than the average person during physical exercise. It can be 50 degrees outside, and I will still burn up in shorts and a tank when running. For those of you who are like me and perspire a lot when working out, remember it is even more crucial for us to remain hydrated before, during, and after our workout. When too much sweat flushes out of the body, the lost nutrients must get restored in order for muscles to function correctly and for your body to function properly.
Double Corn Bread Muffins
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (applesauce, milk, agave, oil, and frozen corn).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Pour into well-greased muffin pan.
- Bake for ~20-25 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean).