As the weather is starting to warm up, I can feel the ice cream monster within myself starting to emerge. I’m going to have to start being creative so that I can get my ice cream fix without all those empty calories.
Favorite ice cream flavor? Mint Chip. End of story.
Eating breakfast from my favorite breakfast bowl means that today is FRIDAY! Yes, those are small fish (sardines maybe?).
On the last chapter of Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard. Such a pleasant read. It is a memoir of an American journalist married to a Frenchman and how she learned to live and eat à la française. I highly recommend this book for those looking for a “charming” read, but for those looking for heavy substance, it will most likely let you down. I found the style of read very similar to Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat, Pray, Love.
Mint Chip Green Monster
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 avocado
- One handful spinach
- 1 packet stevia (or other sugar of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- Dash of sea salt
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp xanthum gum (optional, if you want an extra thick, soft-serve ice cream texture)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (or carob nibs)
- Blend rolled oats and coconut milk in blender
- Refrigerate several 4+ hours (or overnight)
- In the morning, blend remaining ingredients (except chocolate)
- Add chocolate as topping