Happy Monday everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Most monday mornings I literally have to drag myself to get out of bed and get my butt to the gym (I too have the case of monday blues), which is why I was pleasantly surprised when I popped out of bed easily this morning! I woke up at 4:50 am sharp, got dressed quickly (I lay my gym clothes out every night before I go to bed), and got to the gym at 5:10. My work out looked like this:
- 20 minute run at 1.0% incline, 6.5 mph
- 15 minutes hamstring, quad, and glutes
- 45 minute spin class
- 10 minute stretch/cool-down
Grilled French Banana Roll-Up
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 banana (sliced lengthwise, hotdog style)
- 1/4 cup egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used unsalted crunchy almond butter)
- Pam cooking spray (to grease pan)
- In a small bowl, beat egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a different small bowl, mix cinnamon and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and grease well with pam cooking spray. Place sliced (lengthwise) banana on skillet and flip after golden brown. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat another skillet on medium heat (or clean the one used above) and spray with Pam cooking spray once again
- Spread egg mix on both sides of tortilla
- Place tortilla on hot skillet, pouring the remaining egg mixture on top of the tortilla
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of tortilla
- Once the bottom of the tortilla is browned (~1 minute), flip over and cook other side. Remove from heat
- On a plate, spread nut butter of choice on one side of tortilla and place grilled bananas on top
- ROLL UP!
- 2 tbsp plain 0%fat greek yogurt for topping (optional)
- Remaining chocomole (leftover stored in an airtight container in the fridge)